About M.N.U.Jayaraj Nadar Higher Secondary School
The pioneer members for the management of Madurai Nadar Uravinmurai were elected on 18.02.1951 under the presidentship of our supreme power Mr. W.P.A. Soundarapandianar.
Dr. P. Vadamalayan, M.B.B.S., was elected as president, Mr. S.G. Jayaraj Nadar was elected as vice president, Mr. P.V.P. Valasubramania Nadar and Mr. K.P.S.V.R. Gurusamy Nadar., B.A., were elected General Secretaries.
54 acres and 9.5 cents land was bought at Nagamalai for constructing a high school on behalf of Madurai Nadar Uravinmurai. At the third annual meeting of the Madurai Nadar Uravinmurai in 20.03.1955, Mr. S.G. Jayaraj Nadar assured to donate Rupees one lakh or above for the purpose of starting a school. As planned, it had been decided to name Madurai Nadar Uravinmurai’s Jayaraj Nadar High School on 27.08.1955.
Our School is situated on Madurai – Cochin National Highways(NH 49), just about 10 km to the west of Madurai, on the way to Madurai Kamaraj University. Our School has another importance – the foundation stone was laid on 11.09.1955 and declared open on 15.09.1957 with 183 students by Baratha Rathna Shri K. Kamaraj, the Chief Minister of Tamilnadu. Our School is now running with 2839 students.
- To impart quality education and enable the pupils to pursue excellence in the field of their choice
- To ensure the proper physical, mental and moral growth of the pupils and to create in them a zest for learning in tune with modern scientific temper
- To provide the pupils with opportunities ( through a built in system of co-curricular activities) to be innovative, independent and confident so that they may ever channel their energies towards creative pursuits