About M.N.U.Jayaraj Nadar Higher Secondary School
Our school is situated on Madurai – Cochin National Highways(NH 49), just about 10 km to the west of Madurai on the way to Madurai Kamaraj University. The school came into existence because of the philanthropic contributions of Madurai Nadar Uravinmurai. The philanthropist Shri S.G. Jayaraj Nadar contributed a lion’s share and hence the school is named after him. Our school has another importance – the foundation stone was laid on 11.09.1955 and declared open on 07.06.1957 with 183 students by Baratha Rathna Shri K. Kamaraj, the Chief Minister of Tamilnadu. Our school is now running with 2839 students.
With well-equipped hostel, laboratory, library, playground, auditorium with transport facility etc., the school is running in an elevated style in enlightening the student community. With the novel infrastructure, our school is functioning to the fullest possible extent in every field of education.